Navigation

Monday, July 20, 2015

A Dear Letter for Jules


Dear, Jules.

I don't know who you were, and I don't even follow what you were up to. Yet somehow I feel empty now that you were up there in heaven. The day you started fighting for your survival, I started to grow my respect on you, and I kept hoping that you would be back there, soldiering on.

You had a fight last year, a big fight for your survival. You struggled your hardest to quickly get back to your cockpit of a black and red open wheeler everyone loves to call it "Marussia", formerly "Virgin Racing" years back.

It was that time when you had an accident last year. You have tried your best to avoid it, but it was all too late. Many people who watched you at that time cannot resist their sadness; they were speechless, just like when Allan Simonsen crashed in Tertre Rouge before you. I didn't get to watch the footage but reading how everything happened, it carried me and I finally became one of them.

(Image: James Moy Photography / PA)

Some people I witnessed were playing the blame game after that accident, but very many, including myself, were by your side. Your fight began as your family, your friends, and your fans were cheering their hardest so you could have your courage. I understand that it was a long fight to survival, not something that you could do in a fast pace.

Sadly, Fate had another plan, and in the end some battles cannot be won. You left us way too soon, and your career was far from over. At one point, you had a dream of following your great father's path and even driving for the Ferrari team. Yes, the Rosso Corsa team every racer wants to be in.

(Image: FIA World Endurance Championship)

It was the darkest day for not just the Formula 1 fandom, but the whole Motorsport fandom. Max Chilton, your teammate, dedicated his Indy Lights victory to you, even other drivers from other disciplines were remembering you. In the end, everyone will miss you, even though you weren't one of the top guys. This shows that motorsport is a one big family, regardless of whatever the car everyone is racing.

For myself personally, this is the another loss of several figures of the world for the past four weeks from this post. Everyone already lost Satoru Iwata, the former Nintendo CEO responsible for our childhood who passed away due to cancer, and now we had to lose yet another figure. I know that both you and Satoru weren't directly related, but bear in mind that these two people were the notable figures in their own way.

(Image: F1 Fanatic)

Thank you, Jules. May you rest in peace...

Sincerely,

~[R]


DEDICATED TO JULES BIANCHI
1989 - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment